Monday, December 13, 2010

I...

Day 52  12/10/10 - 81 songs
First song 10:59AM:  "I Am a Town" by Mary Chapin Carpenter from The Essential...
Last song 5:57PM:  "I Don't Believe You've Met My Baby" by Alison Krauss from Now That I've Found You: A Collection

Day 53  12/13/10 - 110 songs
First song 9:11AM:  "I Don't Believe You - With Bob Dylan" by The Band from The Last Waltz
Last song 5:50PM:  "I Just Want to Celebrate" by Rare Earth from Hitsville USA: Motown Singles 1959-1971 box set

Highlights:
  • Two versions of "I Can't Get Next to You"
    • Annie Lennox from Medusa
    • The Temptations from Hitsville USA: Motown Singles 1959-1971 box set
  • Two versions of "(I Can't Get No) Satisfaction"
    • Devo
    • The Rolling Stones
  • Four versions of Bob Dylan's "I Don't Believe You (She Acts Like We Never Have Met)"
    • Another Side of Bob Dylan (studio version)
    • The Bootleg Series, Vol. 4: Live 1966 - The "Royal Albert Hall" Concert
    • The Bootleg, Vol. 6: Bob Dylan Live 1964 - Concert At Philharmonic Hall
    • The Last Waltz (with The Band)
  • Three versions of "I Feel Free"
    • Cream from Fresh Cream
    • The Allman Brothers from Dreams box set
    • Belinda Carlisle from Greatest Hits
  • Two versions of "I Feel So Bad"
    • Chuck Willis
    • Elvis Presley
  • Two Jimmy Buffett songs back-to-back
    • "I Have Found Me a Home" from A White Sport Coat And A Pink Crustacean
    • "I Heard I Was in Town" from Boats, Beaches, Bars & Ballads box set
  • Three versions of "I Heard it Through the Grapevine"
    • Creedence Clearwater Revival
    • Gladys Knight & The Pips
    • Marvin Gaye
  • Two versions of "I Hope That I Don't Fall in Love With You"
    • Tom Waits
    • 10,000 Maniacs
Notes:
I had a "WTF" moment on Friday when I realized that Eric Clapton's "I Can't Stand It" was not in my library.  It must have been omitted when I brought the CD into my library.  I'll have to fix that.  Also, Otis Redding's version of "(I Can't Get No) Satisfaction" is simply titled "Satisfaction," so I won't get to that until the S songs.
I have been in songs that start with the word "I" for over two days, and I'm not sure if I'll make it out tomorrow, which was part of the reason I merged another two days into one entry.
Favorites from the "I..." songs from the last two days:
  • "I Am the Walrus" by The Beatles
  • "I Am Yours" by Derek & The Dominos
  • "I Am...  I Said" by Neil Diamond
  • "I Believe I'll Dust My Broom" by Robert Johnson
  • "I Call Your Name" by The Beatles
  • "I Can't Drive 55" by Sammy Hagar
  • "I Can't Explain" by The Who
  • "I Can't Help Myself (Sugar Pie Honey Bunch)" by The Four Tops
  • "I Can't Make You Love Me" by Bonnie Raitt
  • "I Can't Stop Loving You" by Ray Charles
  • "I Can't Turn You Loose" by Otis Redding
  • "I Can See Clearly Now" by Johnny Nash
  • "I Can See for Miles" by The Who
  • "I Didn't Come Here (And I Ain't Leavin')" by Willie Nelson
  • "I Dig Love" by George Harrison
  • "I Don't Want to Know" by Fleetwood Mac
  • "I Don't Want to Spoil the Party" by The Beatles
  • "I Drink Alone" by George Thorogood & The Destroyers
  • "I Fall to Pieces" by Patsy Cline
  • "I Feel the Earth Move" by Carole King
  • "I Forgot to Remember to Forget" by Elvis Presley
  • "I Fought the Law" by The Bobby Fuller Four
  • "I Get a Kick Out of You" by Frank Sinatra
  • "I Get Around" by The Beach Boys
  • "I Got a Name" by Jim Croce
  • "I Got You (I Feel Good)" by James Brown
  • "I Guess I Planted" by Billy Bragg & Wilco
  • "I Hung My Head" by Sting
  • "I Just Don't Know What To Do With Myself" by Dusty Springfield
More "I..." songs tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment